Please spread the word about Familia LightShine to individuals, churches, organizations, or businesses that might be interested! The need is enormous in Chihuahua, and we desire to prepare many more local families to receive children in crisis. But we can’t do that without additional partners and Stewards!
The Chihuahua State government has taken the incredible step of partnering with Familia LightShine, a Christian ministry, to provide foster care for Chihuahua. God has miraculously opened the doors for children in Chihuahua that would be institutionalized or placed in high-risk secular foster families to instead be placed in mature Christian homes in Chihuahua; a life-changing opportunity. Our vision is to mobilize and equip the Body of Christ in Chihuahua, Mexico to provide family-based orphan care for local children in crisis. The Mission of Familia LightShine is to mobilize the Body of Christ in Chihuahua for foster care, to select and train those Christian families that are called, to provide on-going counseling for those foster-care families, and to professionally manage the foster-care family pool in partnership with the Mexican government. Our goal is for orphans to be a part of a loving, Christian family, and to cut off human trafficking at the root!
Consider God’s heart:
- Isaiah 1:17 Learn to do good; Seek justice, Reprove the ruthless, Defend the orphan, Plead for the widow.
- Psalm 68:5 A father of the fatherless and a judge for the widows, Is God in His holy habitation.
- Psalm 82:3 Vindicate the weak and fatherless; Do justice to the afflicted and destitute.
- Exodus 22:22-24 You shall not afflict any widow or orphan. If you afflict him at all, and if he does cry out to Me, I will surely hear his cry; and My anger will be kindled, and I will kill you with the sword, and your wives shall become widows and your children fatherless.
- Psalm 68:6 God places the lonely in families; he sets the prisoners free and gives them joy.
- James 1:27 Pure and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their distress…
- Matthew 10:42 And whoever in the name of a disciple gives to one of these little ones even a cup of cold water to drink, truly I say to you, he shall not lose his reward.”
We’d love to talk, meet online, or meet in person. For more information, to schedule a time to talk, or to request additional materials please email firstname.lastname@example.org